We are always seeking talented collaboartors. We prefer to build jobs around a person’s talents, not people around jobs. If you think you have something to help us achieve our mission then we are interested in working with you. Send us a cover letter and resume as soon as possible. Internships and volunteer opportunities are also available on a case by case basis. The following are positions we are currently seeking to fill:
Senior Associate - Nursery Manager
This is an exciting position with a growing small business to manage nursery production, sales,
and horticultural consulting. We are seeking an outgoing, intelligent, and physically capable
person to take our plant production and sales to a higher level. The Nursery Manager is a
critical part of our business and this is the first year we are able to offer this job as a F/T, year-
round position. The Nursery Manager must be able to cover a wide variety of tasks as the
seasons change. In the spring we are busy setting up and propagation. In the summer and Fall
we sell plants, install them, care for plants, deliver, and re-supply. As the weather turns cold
and erratic, we decrease our total staff and the nursery manager must therefore provide
meaningful contributions to other aspects of the business, such as scientific consulting,
landscape construction, and landscape design.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position with an initial 6 month trial period (from March 18 to October 18,
2019). The salary for this position is $37,500 and is not negotiable. We anticipate providing 10%
annual raises for at least the first three years of employment. Benefits include: 1 sick day per
month, family friendly work environment, 40 hour work weeks, unlimited vacation time policy
(weighted towards the off season), 12 paid holidays, LGBQT friendly, NYS mandated benefits
such as workers compensation and paternity/maternity leave. Unfortunately, we cannot
provide health benefits or 401k contributions at this time. Required Start Date March 18th, 2018
• Co-design and execute a business plan for overall company plant production and sales;
• Co-develop a custom retail experience at our Main Street garden center and online;
• Provide manual labor related to plant production, invasive species removal, and
occasionally landscape construction;
• Co-develop and implement chemical-free invasive species management plans;
• Provide professional consulting services related to plants, habitat restoration, and
• Schedule and execute pickups and deliveries throughout the tri-state areas;
• Track and manage plant inventories;
• Plan and coordinate with instructors for educational workshops at the garden center;
• Design and install drip irrigation systems in the nursery and at landscape construction
• Support marketing and “guerilla” advertising activities;
• Support related to brand development and management; and,
• Other tasks as required by the position.
Desired Skills and Resources
• Personal Vehicle and Driver’s License
• Must pass a NYS DOT background check and physical
• Personal smart phone (for taking pictures in the field and communicating with the team
• Experience driving box truck (example: Uhauls) and pickup truck w/ trailer
• Microsoft excel and word proficieny
• Excellent plant identification skills
• At least 2 years experience working in the plant industry (such as agriculture, nursery,
• Ability to learn and manage square space
• Experience or strong interest in business development
• Experience or strong interest in perennial food systems
• Experience or strong interest in landscape design
• Experience or strong interest in native plants and their habitats
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds easily, work in adverse weather conditions, and
abide by all safety requirements related to the task at hand.
A combination of advanced education and on-the-job experience is required.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. References
will be required prior to hiring
SEASONAL CREW MEMBER
Location: Beacon, NY
Starting Salary: $15-20/hour
Weekly hours: 40 between April and December 21st. Overtime at 1.5x may also be available.
One Nature is seeking strong, hardworking, and motivated crew members to join our team for the upcoming season. Tasks will include but are not limited to: mowing, weeding, mulching, weed whacking, plant care and nursery work, tree and plant installation, stonework, fence-work, hard-scaping, carpentry, and supply pick-up and delivery.
Proven experience in outdoor and physically strenuous conditions.
Current driver’s license and ability to drive pickup trucks with trailers (also must own a personal vehicle);
Ability to work long hours outdoors on construction sites or at our plant nursery;
Basic understanding of construction methods including concrete, carpentry, stonework, plant installation and care;
Excellent communication skills;
Interest in plants and plant ID.
Ability to lift 75 lbs. pounds repeatedly.
Experience with skid steer, forklift, excavator, or other heavy machinery; and,
Plant identification knowledge.
An eye for design and landscape aesthetics
Good craftsmanship and an eye for detail
ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER/DESIGNER (CONTRACT)
Location: Beacon, NY
Starting Salary: hourly / DOE
Weekly hours: TBD
One Nature is seeking a 6 month contract Environmental Planner/Designer for our Beacon Studio with proficieny in Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite, and GIS. Must also be available from time to time to work on restoration crews or at our native plant nursery. Educational or professional background in ecology or related study required.
To apply, send resume, portfolio, and cover letter by email to email@example.com. All emails must be less than 5mb. No phone calls please. Three references will be required of the applicant during later stages of the selection process.