Want to attract Monarchs and other butterflies to your yard? Butterflies need specific plants for each stage of their life cycle, and you can provide a beautiful, productive habitat for them. Learn how to enrich your landscape with plants for caterpillars to munch on, colorful native flowers as nectar sources in every season, and other pollinator treats like salt and rotted fruit.
There is so much you can do to support these beautiful and beneficial insects in your home habitat! This workshop will cover:
- An overview of why habitats for pollinators, especially butterflies, are critically important to our regional environment.
- Examples of butterfly behaviors and needs.
- Introduction to native butterflies in the Hudson Valley.
- Why native plants are the answer!
- Native plant recommendations for your yard.
Register for this workshop
Registration fee: $25