2016 Annual Benefit Report
2016 year end Summary of our benefit impacts
We are a for-profit limited liability company that creates measurable benefits to the environment and society.
General Benefits created by One Nature:
- We generated approximately 6,500 hours of green jobs at One Nature. In addition, we created approximately 50,000 hours of green jobs for other local businesses.
- 70% of our company's expenses (excluding payroll and real estate) went to local vendors.We charitably donated or provided in-kind services equal to approximately 30% of our company's revenue to the following organizations: Common Ground Farm,Safe Harbors-of-the-Hudson, Clearwater, Arm-of-the-Sea Theater, Friends of Mianus River Park, Hudson River Watershed Alliance, Trout Unlimited, and Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- We created 56 acres of ecologically productive land.
- We restored 52 acres of marginally vakyuable landscapes and have hundreds more in design.
- We converted 5 acres of impervious land to pervious.
- In 2016, our projects sequestered 26,257 tons of organic matter into the ground. Our projects since 2007 have cumulatively sequestered 58,209 tons.
- We created 17 biodiversity hotspots for pollinating species within the New York City region.
- We restored 600 linear feet of riverbank with 3000 more on the boards
- We converted or are in the process of converting 12 suburban residential landscapes.
- We planned and designed 48 acres of coastal land to enable a more storm resilient future.
- We helped construct 10,000 square feet of green roof
- We completed two major stream management studies and put into place three invasive species management plans.
- We collected local seeds from 70 different varieties of native Hudson Valley plant species.
- We installed 10,000 and propagated 23,000 containerized native plants (not including bioengineering plantings).